Friday, September 20, 2013

Sore!

I am so sore!  I couldn't imagine I'd ever be this sore after riding.  I am so out of shape and I was using muscles that I hadn't used in a very long time.  My inner thighs hurt the most, and my butt!  LOL.  Hopefully, I won't feel so sore after a few lessons.  And I've decided I'm going to work on building up my muscle strength outside of the lessons as well, so it'll make riding easier.  The only thing I'm lacking to do such is motivation.  I've been so lazy lately!  I'm thinking a short jog every morning or most mornings, and before and after the jog I will work on the specific stretching/exercises that work out the specific muscles I will be using.  There were nice exercises listed in my book Horseback Riding for Dummies which I plan to follow.  And I've always really struggled keeping my heels down and I was told of an exercise you can do on the stairs that stretches your ankles/heels down.  I plan on doing that a TON, because I really don't want Amber to keep having to say "heels down!" every two seconds!

I'm still planning on going to Possum Creek Stables tomorrow morning to meet with Elaine. I hope this will go well.  The last few times I've been there while leasing Skip, I got some odd stares from people who didn't recognize me. So I'm hoping to possibly meet some new friends and get to know all the people at the stables.  They are also considerably cheaper there when it comes to boarding, so if I were to ever board a horse, I would most likely do it there.

Will let you know how tomorrow goes!  I can't wait for the soreness to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment