Monday, September 30, 2013

I have some goods news, and I have some bad news...

I have some good news, and I have some bad news.  Which do you want first?  Let's go with the bad news, and get that out of the way.  (Even though I'm just DYING to tell you the good news!)  The bad news is Amber had to reschedule today's lesson because she was buying herself a car or something.  So I think it will be tomorrow instead.  I was actually pretty disappointed...

The good news is... I heard from Lucinda, and she said that I can lease Matt at Conference! Yippee! I am so incredibly excited.  So when I take lessons, I will take the lessons riding him, and when I go out to ride on my own, I will be riding him as well.  I will get a ton of additional practice from this, and perhaps become an expert on how to ride Matt.  (For I was struggling to get control over him the last time I rode him.)  Or maybe not... LOL.

My goal is if things go well with Matt, that eventually I can purchase him myself.  I can't remember if I've told you anything about Matt before, but he's some sort of Morgan mix I think (Lucinda had said something about warmblood? I'm so confused! Haha!) and he's approx. 16hh.  I leased him before at Lucinda's property.  I secretly want to rename him to Dakota, but I doubt that will fly unless he's my own.  He's a very handsome boy, about 16 or 17 years old I believe, so a little bit on the old side...But not as old as Travis, who I also used to lease and who is also Lucinda's!  He's like 23 or 24 or something.

I have to check with Lucinda that I will have English tack to use.  If I were to lease Skip, I would be willing to purchase my own English tack to use on him.  But that's if I'm only spending $150 a month on the lease.  Now I will be spending $450 on the lease every month.  That's a lot of cash.  I can set money aside for tack but it will take a while to actually be able to afford any tack, and of course I am still in need of boots and a helmet, and I still have to set some money aside for my parents and for gas.... Ughhh!  I hate money! Ponies should just be free!

I won't be able to immediately lease Matt, but I am determined to lease him.  I need to save up a few weeks' worth of cash first, and then I can begin.  I think Lucinda is skeptical that I will continue the lease as she insisted that I at least do a full month's lease.  I plan on doing more than that, but I'm telling her I will definitely do at least a full month.

Also, I must talk to my parents about all of this.  Even though it is my money, I doubt they will want me spending so much on the horses.  They will probably insist I need to be saving for other things.  Which is understandable.  But we'll see.  Maybe they'll happen to be supportive.

So overall, I'd say I'm having a really great day!  Mainly because of Lucinda's message, but also I'm just feeling awesome.  Oh yeah! And I met a new "horsey-friend" on the horse forum.  We've been chatting on Facebook, and I'm happy to be able to talk horses with somebody new.  So this is a shout-out to her!

Pictured below is Matty.




No comments:

Post a Comment