Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Riding Lesson

My first day back at the barn went well!  It was so nice to be around horses again.  It was even better to get to ride.  I was happy to see Amber again, and I think overall we had a pretty good lesson.  I'm very sore, as I'm not used to riding! 

We worked on having control over the horse.  It was really difficult to keep control.  Focusing on what to do with my legs, the reins, how I was sitting, my heels, etc. And then of course my posture, which is probably horrible right now!  I was all over the place, my posting on the trot was awful.  There was a lot of things I forgot, not to mention how out of shape I was! It was a little warm, but I was sweating like crazy.  So basically, I have a lot to work on. LOL. I was slightly frustrated.

But, I really enjoyed the lesson!  I told Amber how I was feeling about everything, how I really wanted to try hard and get the most out of the lessons I could and be the best that I could be.  She was impressed and said my attitude had really seemed to change since the last time we were doing lessons together.  Which it has!

I can't wait for next week's lesson.  I'm going to work some of my muscles that I will be using in horseback riding over the next week and hopefully riding will gradually get easier.  I was reading up in one of my horse books about specific exercises that I can perform to work muscles that are used in riding, including legs, arms, and abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment