Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Boots and a Helmet

I used to have a helmet, the only one I've ever owned, and I really liked it.  It was comfortable and fit right.  Unfortunately, when I leased at Lucinda's property, I left it there once and after construction to the barn, they lost it.  Which is totally my fault, not theirs. I shouldn't have left it there in the first place.

So, I need a new helmet!  One that's nice and comfortable, as the ones they have at Conference are old, gross and uncomfy.  I really wish I just had my old one so I wouldn't have to put valuable money towards a helmet, but at the same time helmets are quite valuable themselves, as they protect you.

I also would like to get some boots for volunteering at Possum Creek. I want durable, waterproof, and warm boots that I can afford to get dirty and whatnot.  Taking care of horses is a dirty business, LOL!  With all the mud and poo and water everywhere.  I don't really have anything else to wear, and my riding boots are good for riding, not working around the barn.

So, I need some new boots, too!

I've been shopping around on some websites.  I just got paid for babysitting for two days, so I have enough cash to get one of the two items with some cash left over to afford some lessons in case something goes wrong and I don't have a source of income for some reason.

I think I will first get boots, mostly because I'm more excited for those but also because I can use Conference's helmets while I wait to get my own.  While volunteering, if it rains or something  beforehand, it will be really nice to have something waterproof and durable and comfortable to wear.

I'm currently on horseforum.com and I'm asking opinions on good boots and helmets.  Once I figure out what I'm going to get, I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment