Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Future Plans

I have been thinking about future plans with horses.  Of course, I would love to have my own horse.  But it's not so simple.  You need money, and lots of it, to be able to afford a horse.  I saw an estimate once - it costs around $2500 to keep a horse every year.  I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I'm sure it's around that range!

On Sunday I got a babysitting/nanny job, one in which I will be making approx. $200 per week.  That's $800 per month.  If I save for a few months, and don't spend any of it (that's the luxury with living with parents - no bills!) I might be able to afford a horse, a couple months of board, and have an emergency fund of some sort.  I think it's a good plan, but I also have to consider... Do I really want to commit to a horse?  Of course I do!  I mean, of course I would like to but is it a practical thing to do at the moment?  If I were to move out soon, it would be extremely difficult to keep a horse and be able to pay bills, etc.

But the thing is, I'm not moving out soon.  No where soon, at least I don't think.  I'm no where near ready to move out, and my parents are supportive of that.  Maybe eventually I will have to pay some rent, but I think until I was financially stable enough to afford both a horse and house/apartment, I could stick with the 'rents.

I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me, and say that I am wrong for putting my money towards a horse at this point.  And I hate to use this reference, but... YOLO! Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment