Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Third Lesson

Today, I finally had my third lesson!  (The time between getting to ride seems SO LONG!)  Today's lesson also felt like it went pretty well.  We are still working on foundational stuff, which we'll probably be doing for a while.  Today, towards the end of the lesson, she put me and Lexi (I've been spelling Lexi's name wrong, it's Lexi not Lexxi) on a lunge line and had me post trotting, two-point, and sitting trot without reins, and a little bit without stirrups.  Amber wants me to get a better, stronger seat.  I'm leaning forward a lot, and then when the horse pulls or something happens, I fall forward.  And like most riders, we found I was relying on my stirrups too much and when we took the stirrups away, when worked on using my legs to post, etc.  It's a lot, and seems a little overwhelming remembering everything, but I'll get it down eventually!  Besides, I believe there's always room to improve, no matter what level you're at. 

Amber says the book I bought for dressage is a bit complicated, and I noticed that when I tried to read it, so she has a book that she's going to let me borrow that's a bit simpler and focuses more on the rider, and I'm excited to read that.

I also met another boarder at Conference today.  Her name is Connie and she's very kind.  While I waited for Amber to arrive for the lesson, I talked to her while she was cleaning out her stall.  She told me about her horse and history with riding and horses, and I told her about mine, and leasing Matt and such.

I'm not sure when my next lesson will be, I'll have to talk to Amber about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment