Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What's that I hear? A lease? For real?

Not volunteering at Possum Creek. BUT... I am...leasing...a morgan cross gelding at Conference! (Named "Whiskey") Let's just say I am SUPER excited!

Let me catch you up!

 So, a while back I made a post on a Facebook horse group, saying I was looking for a lease. I didn't really get any responses, but there was one from a lady who knew a family that was looking to buy a horse. They would immediately want to lease out the horse for half the week. But the lady (Jessica) told me that they were still looking for a horse and it may be a few weeks, but that when they got it, it would be at Conference. I basically forgot about it until yesterday when Jessica messaged me saying they had gotten their horse and was looking for a leaser.

 Suzanne is the owner, Faith is her daughter. We met them today and we met Whiskey. They were both very kind, and Whiskey was very lovable and sweet. I didn't get to ride today (as I wasn't wearing proper shoes) but will be riding him tomorrow at 4ish. Suzanne is wanting me to take lessons with somebody when first riding him as she wants to make sure I'm riding properly and whatnot, which is understandable. I'm hoping to take them from Amber, of course, as that's who I'd feel most comfortable with.

 I'll let you know how riding tomorrow goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment