Friday, November 15, 2013

Centerville Equestrian Center

I might have mentioned Centerville Equestrian Center before, it is a fairly new place to my understanding (as it was in the newspaper when it opened just a few months ago).  I had emailed them previously asking about lessons, but since I started back up with Amber, I never followed through on meeting them or anything.  But since Amber most likely will never give me lessons again, if I want lessons, I will have to find somewhere new.

They charge $40 per hour for a private lesson.  That's $10 cheaper than Amber, but still expensive.  I'm hoping it's worth it, as the $50 per hour with Amber was definitely worth it since she was so knowledgeable.  I don't know the instructor, and even though it says on their website that she is good (obviously, what else would they say?) I don't know that.  A friend of mine suggested that I sit in on a lesson and meet the instructor before signing up for any lessons.  I think that is a fabulous idea.  I've just emailed them asking if I could do just that, and so I'm waiting to hear back. 

I really don't want to have to give up on horses altogether.  It's so good for me - I was feeling SO much better when I was finally riding again.  It gave me more purpose, made me feel like I was being productive, gave me exercise, I socialized with more people.  It simply got me out of the house.  And after all that's happened recently, I could really use the positive-ness that horses bring.

Sorry about being so down lately.  I'm just really not feeling good about life right now.  Hopefully things will start looking up again for me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment